Regional Site Communication Manager
Granton, Nova Scotia
Since 1889, Michelin has innovated to enhance the mobility of people and goods. Today, we are setting the benchmark across every tire and travel-related services market, while leading a global strategy to drive sustainable, profitable growth.
Michelin North America (Canada) Inc., which employs 3200 people and operates three tire manufacturing facilities in Nova Scotia, is seeking a Regional Site Communication Manager (RCS) to join its Granton, Nova Scotia manufacturing team in Pictou County.
Deliver and sustain communication effectiveness and professional expertise at each assigned site, primarily Granton, Nova Scotia. Develop and execute the internal communication plan of assigned sites.
– Deploy innovative communication tactics and tools within assigned sites, designing and guaranteeing the flow of two-way communications at each assigned site, engaging and communicating with employees on site business priorities and delivering communication counsel and expertise to managers at each site.
– Foster collaboration across the site communication network to ensure effective deployment of Group/Region/Country/Entity communication.
– Light to significant local travel, as well as travel to the Upstate South Carolina, may be required.
– Bachelor’s Degree in a Communication field
– Minimum of two years experience in a communication position
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following:
– Strong writing and verbal skills, as well as communication and coaching skills. This expertise includes clarity of expression and the ability to think and write synthetically.
– Ability to create a site communication plan based on the site’s situations and priorities, adjust and make choices as the landscape changes, and execute such that employees understand the key messages. This requires the ability to balance Group/Zone/local needs, attention to detail, courage to make decisions, capacity for volume, and ability to influence individuals and teams.
– Ability to adapt communication style and deal tactfully and professionally with all site employees. This includes the ability to handle sensitive information and materials in a confidential manner.
– Demonstrated ability to understand and express Company culture, values and practices, as well as business strategy and priorities.
– Ability to give context and perspective to Company subjects, projects and messages, thereby enabling employees at the site level to translate into their personal situation.
– Ability to rapidly adapt, reprioritize and make decisions based on changing needs or crisis situations is critical.
– Demonstrated ability to succeed with minimal coaching within a complex matrix organization.
Candidates will be asked to take a third-party assessment gauging grammar, sentence construction, vocabulary, information retrieval and reading comprehension. In addition, applicants will be asked to write a short essay.
How to apply:
Please merge your covering letter and resume into one Word or PDF document. Candidates must clearly indicate how they meet the requirements listed above.
Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. All other applications will be kept on file for future consideration.
Apply at careers.michelin.ca, Job # 18002046
Deadline for Applications: June 22, 2018
Moving Forward Together: your career with Michelin
Michelin firmly believes that business performance and the professional success of our employees go hand in hand. Our approach to career development reaffirms the values that guide us every day and expresses the mutual commitments that the Group has undertaken to ensure everyone is able to find fulfillment in his or her role. Performance and potential are assessed with a view to the long-term and training policies allow each employee to continue to grow throughout his or her career, while helping to drive the Group’s development.
Michelin North America (Canada) Inc. offers competitive compensation and benefits, comprehensive training programs, opportunities for advancement and a workplace that values and demonstrates its commitment to diversity.
Canadian Recruitment Manager
Michelin North America (Canada) Inc.