Shannex Incorporated is a leading provider of seniors’ living accommodations in the Maritimes and Ontario. More than 3,800 Great People share our vision of Leading the Way to Better Living through exceptional care, quality residences, service excellence and promoting a culture of innovation. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will provide outstanding senior living choices and meaningful career opportunities.
We are pleased to offer the following exciting opportunity:
Senior Communications Advisor
Our mission is to Lead the Way to Better Living for seniors in our communities, and we are on a journey of exciting growth and opportunity as we approach a major demographic shift in the coming decade. The Senior Communications Advisor will be part of a dynamic team that drives meaningful change to enrich the lives of residents and their families, supports growth and champions service excellence.
Located at our Corporate Office in Halifax, Nova Scotia and reporting to the Director of Communications and Community Affairs, the Senior Communications Advisor will employ leadership and critical thinking to provide strategic counsel, issues management and communications planning support to our communities in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Ontario. He/she will also help support the corporate reputation through the development and delivery of integrated communications, media relations, proactive communications and stakeholder relations strategies.
The Senior Communication Advisor is an experienced professional, known for delivering valuable insight and results in a fast-paced environment. Your in-depth experience informs confident decision making, and your collaborative nature allows you to easily work as part of an interdisciplinary marketing and communications team and other stakeholders on organizational initiatives. You enjoy being a hands-on communications practitioner but think strategically and are confident in providing advice to senior employees. Internal communications, external communications, media relations, issues management, and stakeholder relations are your areas of focus as well as developing expertise on long term health care initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and execute multi-stakeholder based strategic communications plans.
- Work with government, public, media and community organizations.
- Manage media inquiries and act as spokesperson.
- Prioritize workflow, manage multiple projects, and complete time-sensitive tasks.
- Evaluate and analyze the health care and long term care sector for trends and planning purposes.
- Recognize opportunities for building strategic partnerships with stakeholders and community partners.
- Possess excellent research, organizational, analytical and editing skills.
- Ability to assess communications effectiveness by ensuring strategies are measured and tracked.
- Ability to work in a team environment and maintain good working relationships.
- Undergraduate degree with a concentration in Public Relations or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years in a senior communications role.
- Valid driver’s license with ability to travel.
The following would be considered assets:
- Demonstrated creativity, strategic communications planning skills, with a passion for exceeding expectations.
- Organizational skills ability to work well with all levels in the organization.
- Can take initiative and can manage multiple priorities and move projects forward.
- Strategic capability with a broad, forward thinking approach to opportunities and challenges.
- Social media competence to align marketing and communications activities in support of the organizations’ reputation and marketing goals.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, attractive benefits plan, and the opportunity to affect meaningful change for seniors in our communities.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization please apply by May 25th, 2018.
All applicants will be kept in strict confidence.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.