Jobline: Communications Director - ACRC
The Communication Director is responsible for the overall planning, organization, and direction of the communication strategies of the Atlantic Canada Regional Council of Carpenters, Millwrights and Allied Workers (ACRC) and the Carpenter Millwright Colleges of Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Mainland Nova Scotia, Cape Breton, and New Brunswick.
The Communications Director is responsible for establishing and maintaining effective internal and external communication mechanisms to enhance the quality of information sharing among the membership of the ACRC, their Training Centers and stakeholders.
The Communications Director represents the interest of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America, the Atlantic Canada Regional Council and its affiliated Locals throughout Atlantic Canada. This is a new position and the successful candidate will be expected to provide leadership within the Council and must possess strong communications experience, writing and strategic skills. The Communication Director will work closely with other Managers to secure a consistent and high standard of professionalism and service.
Duties include but are not limited to:
● Plan, organize, and implement communication strategies and branding for ACRC and affiliated Colleges;
● Develop and implement communication strategies to enhance the reputation of the organization;
● Oversee internal and external communications to ensure consistency in branding and consistency to the communication strategy;
● Maintain communications through the organization’s digital media, including the content for the websites, social media, newsletters, etc.;
● Maintain ongoing communication services for the leadership;
● Develop presentations and write speeches as required;
● Write content for the many communications vehicles that the Council and Colleges use;
● Develop marketing tools for public advertising;
● Work closely with the Executive Secretary-Treasurer to determine communication needs and goals, as well as identify opportunities for communication and promotion;
● Actively seek information and materials to be communicated on behalf of the organization;
● Oversee the production of promotional items;
● Develop and maintain external stakeholder relationships (i.e. government communications, media);
● Monitor communications of government and external agencies that may impact the operations of the organization;
● Monitor trends and communications of competition;
● Participate in the planning of public information activities;
● Travel as assigned by the EST;
● Other related duties as assigned.
● Press Releases
● Strategic Planning
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The Atlantic Canada Regional Council maintains offices throughout Atlantic Canada. The successful candidate will work out of Paradise, Sydney, Fredericton, or Lower Sackville office of the Council.
Interested applicants should provide a cover letter and resume stating qualifications, experience, references, and other pertinent information. This information should be emailed, referencing
Communications Director in the Subject Line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this position must be received on or before December 23rd, 2022.