Jobline: Communications & Employee Engagement Specialist, Nautel Ltd.
In this newly created role, the successful candidate will have an exciting opportunity to focus on internal communications, culture, values, learning, recruiting initiatives and employee engagement, across Nautel (4 companies in 3 countries).
WHAT YOU WILL DO: these are the types of activities we expect you will be involved in, there will be flexibility to expand and introduce new ideas.
· Research: Survey employees and gather their feedback, research Culture & Engagement trends and recruiting best practices, and benchmark to provide suggestions for continuous improvement.
· Develop and deliver activities, workshops & focus groups, feedback from surveys, and a range of topics such as values, communications, wellness, safety, diversity & inclusion;
· Design: Generate innovative ideas to build and maintain employee connections and engagement with Nautel and to attract new talent. Develop a plan to measure the impact of initiatives;
· Implement: Develop and drive companywide communications (& communication events), programs, activities, and events that reinforce Nautel's values, culture, processes and policy. Extend this to recruiting activities to attract the best talent to Nautel, including attending job fairs and networking events;
· Develop, design and deliver orientation/onboarding, workshops and training & development solutions;
· Continuously Improve in all areas of focus.
What you'll need
· 2+ years in employee engagement, Human Resources or a business-related field; · A high-energy individual with excellent relationship-building skills; · Someone who continuously takes initiative and embraces change; · Social Media savvy; · A planner with strong organizational skills and detailed follow-through on tasks; · Someone with strong communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a wide range of stakeholders; · Someone who listens to diverse perspectives with an empathetic attitude; · An empathetic professional with high integrity and trustworthiness, able to work confidentially when required; · The ability to work in a team setting and serve value; · Fluency in French would be an advantage; · Opportunity for a hybrid working model. However, there will be a requirement to work in the facility in Hackett's Cove and must be willing to travel, if required, to other locations (within and outside Canada).
We're looking for
Learning & Development
A little bit about us
Nautel is an award-winning, Nova Scotia-headquartered company, that is fortunate to be in an industry that serves the needs of millions of people around the world by supporting the delivery of news and vital information, as well as entertainment, critical to their everyday lives. Being a company that prides itself on being at the cutting edge, we expect the same of our people. We encourage new ideas and innovative thinking. Nautel is a company where employees work within a team-based environment, regardless of location, where the efforts of every team member count.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR: At Nautel, we value each employee for their unique perspectives and experiences and we welcome different backgrounds. If you are someone who has experience and skills similar to what we are looking for please consider applying!
Please submit your resume and cover letter by 9.00 AM on Thursday, 20 October 2022.