Jobline: Communications Coordinator, Eating Disorders Nova Scotia
Hours per week: 35 | Hourly rate: $15 plus 4% in lieu of benefits. This position is 12 weeks, with a flexible start date.
Eating Disorders Nova Scotia is a rapidly growing, community-based organization. We believe that no one should have to face an eating disorder alone. Last year, we supported over a thousand people along their recovery journey.
All of our supports – including one-on-one Peer Mentoring, Peer Support Groups, Peer Support Chat,
Workshops, Family Support and Nutrition Counselling– are delivered virtually. A referral or a diagnosis
are not required to start one’s healing journey. We know that recovery from an eating disorder is tough
– accessing support and treatment shouldn’t be.
Communications and outreach to our target group is essential. Less than 10% of those with eating
disorders receive treatment, and we’re setting out to change that. We know that with support and
treatment, a full recovery is possible.
We are seeking an individual with a passion for marketing and communications to join our team over the summer. As this is a Canada Summer Jobs position, applicants must be under 30 at the start of
• Write and coordinate content for social media platforms
• Review and report on analytics
• Increase engagement and audience reach
• Plan communications for upcoming programs and events
• Manage external communications through our email platform
• Coordinate communications to program users via Mailchimp
• Seek out opportunities with 3rd parties to amplify our messages
• Create images in Canva consistent with our brand guidelines
• Other duties as required
• Education and experience in marketing, communications, or digital media
• Demonstrated skills in communications and marketing
• Experience with content management and user engagement on a variety of social media
platforms including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
• Experience with content management systems such as buffer
• Experience with MailChimp is an asset
• Experience with developing ways to measure engagement and effectiveness of marketing tools.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently
• Strong desire to learn
• Knowledge/understanding of eating disorders is an asset
• Expertise with Canva as asset
• Sense of humour and love of Zoom meetings
This is a virtual position; the successful applicant will work from home, with regular virtual team
meetings. We offer a flexible work week, opportunities for training and development, and built-in time
for self-care and work life balance.
Eating Disorders Nova Scotia recognizes the over-representation of white/non-racialized voices within
our organization. Therefoe, we prioritize the contributions, perspectives, and lived experiences that
individuals from Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour communities bring to our organization's work.
We welcome and encourage applicants to self-identify in their cover letter. We also encourage those who had had direct experience with an eating disorder to apply and self-identify in their cover letter.
Send us your resume, portfolio, and a cover letter detailing you want to work with us, and what
awesome skills and experiences you bring.
Send to: shaleen@EatingDisordersNS.ca
Deadline for applications: Midnight, May 25th
For more information on Eating Disorders Nova Scotia, visit us at www.eatingdisordersns.ca